Coptic and Islamic Cairo Tour
In Egypt, there are many Islamic and Coptic monuments. These monuments date back to various eras established during the Islamic and Coptic periods in Egypt. Explore the most beautiful religious spots in Egypt during this 8-hour day trip to Coptic and Islamic Cairo. Let your informative tour guide lead you around the historical center of old Cairo and Learn more about Egypt’s history.
Egypt was the center of many cultures, such as the Islamic and the Christian civilizations. Many mosques and churches were in this era. See the religious locations that still exist for hundreds of years. On an eight hours tour that will make you see the essential places of Coptic and Islamic Cairo.
the places you will visit
Start your day by visiting Old Cairo and see the beautiful mosques and churches there.
- Amr Ibn- AlAs: Visit Amr ibn al-As Mosque, one of the famous mosque, as it was the first mosque to be built in Egypt.
- Ibn-Tulun Mosque: Our next stop is The Ibn Tulun mosques which was built by Ahmad ibn Tulun, one of The Abassi governor of Egypt. The Mosque was constructed in 876 AD and completed in
- The Hanging Church: with its Roman architect, you will see the beautiful Hanging Church, one of the oldest Christian churches in Egypt. It is dedicated to Virgin Mary some people call it Church of Virgin Mary.
- Monastery and Church of St. George: Continue to see Monastery Church, This church was build in 1909 as a circular church it is one of the few remaining circular churches in Middle East.
- Abu Serga: It is the place where the Holy Family after fleeing Israel from King Herod.It is 24 marble columns depicting the 12 apostles.
- Ben Ezra Synagogue: In a garden you will see one of the oldest building in Egypt.The Synagogue was damaged after 1967 but now it is completely renovated.
- Coptic Museum: At the end of the tour, you will visit the fascinating Coptic Museum. It is an area of great historical importance, the museum features almost 16,000 objects of Egypt’s Copts.
- Pick up services from hotel & return.
- All transfers by an air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English-speaking Egyptologist guide.
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- Lunch meal at local restaurant in Cairo.
- Shopping tours in Cairo.
- All taxes & service charges.
- Personal expenses
price notes :
0 – 05.99 Free of Charge
6 – 11.99 pay 50% of tour price
12+ pay full tour price as per adult person
Tour price currency is set to USD but you can pay in Euro or British pound. The prices quoted per person per tour all inclusive and prices are always updated to ensure you receive the lowest price possible. Once your tour is confirmed we guarantee the price will not be changed.